Thursday, April 29, 2010

A glimpse from the past


Something really nice happened last night. I received by email, from the University of British Columbia, this link to a symposium held in honour of Myer Bloom, in 1993! It turns out that all the speakers were videoed, and now, in 2010, their talks have been put on the web. If you click on the name of the speaker, you get the relevant talk. In my case, I am 46, with black hair, wearing a dreadful jumper, and using overhead transparencies

http://www.phas.ubc.ca/~cvk/FLV/BloomVideo.html


At the start of the talk I show a very entertaining picture of daughter Catherine together with Myer, each holding the trout they have caught on Lake Taupo.

VIDEO ARCHIVE of
A SYMPOSIUM IN HONOUR OF MYER BLOOM
held at Whistler B.C., Canada
from Sunday Dec. 5th to Wednesday 8th 1993

1 comment:

  1. You're right Paul. The jumper is a shocker but the video is priceless. How wonderful to see it after all these years.

    ReplyDelete