Last night Miang and I flew to Auckland for the "New Zealander of the Year" awards dinner.For the last 14 hours I have been in the middle of a media storm, not to mention the 100 emails and endless text messages.
Newspapers
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/4610988/Scientist-and-man-of-vision-NZer-of-the-Year
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4610844/Scientist-named-Kiwi-of-the-Year
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/new-zealander-year-announced-4011907
http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/have-your-say/news/sir-paul-wins-a-top-nz-honour/3939260/
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/opinion/4628542/Path-to-prosperity-lies-in-technology-niches
TV interviews
http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/new-zealander-year-professor-sir-paul-callaghan-3-15-video-4012076
http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/s2011-sirpaul-090211-video-4018870
Radio interview
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/streaming/Audioplayer.asp?filename=http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/podcasts/audio/03103528.mp3&heading=Sir%20Paul%20Callaghan%20-%20NZer%20of%20the%20Year&longhead=New%20Zealander%20of%20the%20Year,%20Sir%20Paul%20Callaghan,%20speaks%20to%20Mike%20Hosking%20about%20the%20award
I'm now off to the hills for a spot of hiking. No cellphone, no internet. Bliss!
Postscript:
I'm back now-with another full "Inbox". And to my relief, I got the news that my CEA
had shown only a very small rise (see graph). I have checked with my Sydney oncologist and while he admits that the disease may be recurring, he also thought it might be possible that "post-operative effects" combined with my current capecitabine chemo regime, may be causing an elevated level.We will just keep tracking this data. Meanwhile I feel monstrously well.

Hi Paul - wonderful news - and so well deserved. I have taken the liberty of putting your Breakfast TV interview on Hot Science on ecastTV .. the link is here .. http://www.ecasttv.co.nz/program_detail.php?program_id=2302&channel_id=84&group_id=73
ReplyDeleteReally appreciated your IV with Mike Hosking too.
Kind regards
Mark
Wonderful news - and Congratulations from us all! Yang
ReplyDeleteCongratualations Uncle Paul, Love V&Sxx
ReplyDeleteFantastic ! Congratulations - you look and appear just great in the TV interview.
ReplyDeleteGreetings and congratulations from Uruguay, Prof. Callaghan!!! Kind regards...
ReplyDeleteCouldn't be more proud!! Love and congratulations from all the Cooles and their friends.
ReplyDelete