Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Star Wars Tai Chi

My Taiji lessons continue. I am trying to perfect the long form, with 37 moves. Taiji, being a martial art, can also be performed with a sword. Here is a version of the 42 move sword form, in an amazing animation passed on to me by daughter Catherine. It is quite enthralling.


http://vimeo.com/14250730

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! The sword form is more of a 'exhibition' style (I can do a 32 sword form). Regardless of which form and long/short, do it slowly (fast is easy), smoothly (no abrupt motion), think and see nothing, ... and do it regularly (the hardest part).

    Take care, enjoy the Taiji. Yang

    ReplyDelete
  2. My space ship arrives at 3.15 Saturday. Do you want me to bring my own clothing and sword for Monday night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yang-I'll leave the swords for a while.

    Mary, I think we should be able to perfect the 8 form while you are here!

    ReplyDelete