Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another update from Hospital (from Catherine)

Paul and Mary are still in hospital. Mary is still struggling to get over this nasty infection, but she is slowly on the mend. She has been able to visit Paul a couple of times, in a wheelchair, and she is very keen to get better soon so that she can help nurse Paul. Her husband Tom has been doing a great job of keeping her company and keeping our spirits up.

Paul's condition is relatively stable at the moment. He is still reasonably comfortable and pain free. He is still conversing at length with visitors and keeping up to date with current affairs. We are working towards him being discharged from hospital on Tuesday, and moving back home. A hospital bed is being delivered to his home on Monday, which should keep him comfortable. Paul's son (my brother) Chris is arriving from the UK on Monday morning and will be just in time to take on the role as chief nurse/medical adviser to Paul while Mary is still recovering.

Now that I know Chris is on his way, and Paul is comfortable with the path ahead, I am flying back to the UK on Tuesday. If you have any queries about Paul or want to visit him at home, please contact Miang.

Thank you again for your kind messages of support and I hope you will understand if I have not been able to respond yet.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for your update Catherine. I hope you have a very safe flight home. I'm so happy to hear Paul is pain free at the moment. Hopefully his current medication continues to keep him that way. All my love to you all.

    ReplyDelete