Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Back home

Yesterday afternoon Miang and I flew into Wellington airport, to be greeted by my brother Jim, who had driven 2.5 hours from Wanganui to be there. As we walked out the exit passage we saw a huge sign saying "Welcome home Sir Paul", being waved over Jim's head. Thus the welcome was also an occasion for hilarity.

We drove to Khandallah in beautiful sunshine, in the absence of wind, indeed a perfect Wellington day. The balmy conditions continued to today, as we started with a local walk, and then attended to the last of the unpacking and the washing. I say "we". In truth, Miang has done nearly all, as I have felt pretty exhausted.

Now I look forward to a long summer of recuperation, hopefully building my energy levels day by day.

PS: The magnificent artwork of the sign is thanks to Jim's wife Sharron.

3 comments:

  1. Wish you all the best, Paul, for a quick recovery. - James Conway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing more to add than that: "Welcome back!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest and get well, Paul

    ReplyDelete