Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas wishes


To all those who check my blog, I wish you a "Happy Christmas".

Miang and I are looking forward to Catherine joining us in a couple of days. She will stay with us until mid January and during that time we will travel to Ohope Beach and then to Papamoa to visit Jeanine and Murray.

Just over three years ago I had my first cancer surgery. Since then, I have taken nothing for granted and tried to fill every moment of my life with purpose and spirit. And throughout this period Miang has given me the most extraordinary love and support. I face 2012 with some uncertainty. My latest CEA shows that the cancer is raging unabated, indeed at the highest level and with the fastest growth since I started these measurements. However, this latest development is not without some value. I have taken vitamin C infusions through this period of record CEA rise. I think I can fairly say that in my case, intravenous vitamin C has not proven effective.





The pictures are of me with Thomas on my head and James in the water, of Chris and me on the boys' joint birthday, and of Catherine, me and Miang, taken in 2008 while we were in Berkeley, California.

I finish with my latest CEA graph.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Paul! :-)

    I've been following your blog all year and it was very inspiring for me to see how much you got done and how much fun you had doing it all.

    Then I got to experience it first hand in July when I visited you and Miang in Cambridge. You were going full steam ahead with the development of your economic ideas at that time and I could see that you weren't slowing down one bit. I had the impression that you were having a ball, and the cancer? It was just coming along for the ride.

    So to do full justice to the last three years I think you would need to overlay on top of the CEA graph another graph plotting your adventures and "magnitude of life fully lived". What a graph that would be!

    Vanessa

    P.S. I've sent a card to you and Miang, to your work address at Vic - I hope it makes its way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, wish you a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!

    Yang

    ReplyDelete
  3. To say "a year well spent" would be a massive understatement. You have crammed into each day what most of us would never achieve in a year of indeed a lifetime. I agree with Vanessa--another graph of the years highlights would be mind boggling. Love always
    Mary and Tom

    ReplyDelete