Yes, there is another rise, from 4.9 to 5.2 ng/ml. It's a slow drift upwards, and the rate of growth, if exponential (that's a linear rise on the semilog graph here) is slower than in the first couple of months after the peritonectomy. Miang and I talked with my oncologist today, and we have decided to stop capecitabine chemotherapy for 6 weeks (an equivalent of two cycles) to see what the CEA does in response. It's a way of teasing out some better understanding of the data.Meantime, I'm feeling well, enjoying life, and enormously busy. The copy-edited book is finally in production (due out in June), I'm busy teaching and I'm meeting an array of speaking commitments. The last one was to about 30 MPs from assorted parties in Parliament on Tuesday night. I'm about to launch a huge project on 29 March 2011. Watch the news media that day and go to http://www.heke.ac.nz. Fireworks are going to happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment