Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Peter and Irene Martin

In 1981 my family and I had a wonderful sabbatical leave in Vancouver, where I worked at the University of British Columbia. Amongst the many friends we made that year were Peter and Irene Martin, whose sons David and Alan were of a similar age to my own two children. After not having seen Peter and Irene for at east 20 years, they turned up in Wellington the week and spent the night with me and my sister Mary (Mary is back from Melbourne again, looking after me while Miang is at a conference in Mexico).

This morning Mary and I gave Peter and Irene the Wellington "tour package" including a visit to the Zealandia Sanctuary (pictured), the cable car, Parliament, Oriental Bay and Mt Victoria, before guiding them to the Interislander Ferry so that they could continue their journey south.

No comments:

Post a Comment