Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Zealand 1 - Slovakia 1

Well, I guess nothing much beats this today. In the last minutes of the World Cup game against much fancied Slovakia, Winston Reid scored the header that equalised the match.

"This is the most important goal of my life," Reid told the international media. "I try to get forward more often but don't often score, so this is great."

"I actually did not see the ball," Reid said about his goal. "But when I saw it coming, I knew I just had to guide it on goal and not hit it too hard and it would go in. There was so much pace on the ball, I just had to guide it in."

To see the goal http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/fifa-world-cup/all-whites/3816900/All-Whites-goal-scorer-an-instant-hero

The current chemo is a bit unpleasant and I feel very lethargic and jaded. I wasn't able to stay up to watch the match live at 11-30 pm NZ time, but it was a thrill to wake up to the news this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Urrrggggghhhhh!!! I recorded it and have been avoiding people ALL day until I can get home to watch it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do apologise Stefan to be the one who revealed the outcome. But it must have been almost impossible to shield yourself from the result, given that the country went mad!

    ReplyDelete