
Last chemo cycle I ended up in hospital for a couple of days, following the assault on my bowel wall lining, resulting in severe diarrhea and a blood stream infection. During my third cycle I have had a slightly reduced capecitabine dose, I've tried to drink more fluid, and I've been vigilant with the use of loperamide at the first signs. On Friday I finished my capecitabine for this third cycle. I now have a week drug free (not counting the Avastin infusion next Tuesday), before we start the new assault next Friday.
Always the problems are worse just after completing the two weeks of capecitabine, and sure enough, last night the bowel struck with a vengeance. But I was ready, drugs in hand! Bam, Pow, Whack, Wham as the cartoon says. Now there is an uneasy calm. I dare the bowel to offend today. Make my day!
PS: For those of you who feel this site offers just a little too much information, be patient. Gentler postings are imminent!

Love the graphic Paul! Even though it's the Adam West Batman and is considered to be a ridiculed caricature of the real Batman (comic), it clearly illustrates what you're going through.
ReplyDeleteHang in there buddy!
Have been reading your blog posts today Paul, I'm sorry I haven't been reading for a while. It's great to see your cancer levels are decreasing, all very positive news. Mum talks to me all the time about you and how you are going. I just haven't called you because I don't know if I'm going to get you on a 'bad day', but know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers and I love you bucket loads.
ReplyDeleteIts sounds like Miang is being so wonderfuly supportive, you are just so lucky to have a beautiful wife like her. Although, I must admit..you're pretty special yourself so you deserve her :)
I love your recent post with the batman comic pic...just the right attitude. Get in there and fight this villain called cancer and bash it's little head in. You're so tough and with a wonderful wife supporting you and truck loads of cancer fighting drugs (and lots of vitamin filled freshly squeezed and squished fruit drinks) you'll beat it Paul.
Love you so much and I look forward to reading your regular posts.
Love always Becci (Igor sends his love too!)
Thanks Bec-great to hear from you!
ReplyDelete