Ross Mair and Melanie Britton were two postdoctoral fellows who worked in my lab at Massey University in the 1990's. Ross is from Melbourne, Australia and now works as an MRI researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Melanie is a lecturer in the School of Chemistry at the University of Birmingham. As contemporaries, they became firm friends. Ross happened to beWith my finely honed tourist guide skills I took them around Cambridge sights. Melanie was extremely patient with me,
We finished in the Eagle Pub. This is the place where Crick and Watson made their announcement that they had discovered the structure of DNA, the old Cavendish Laboratory being just a few metres away. We enjoyed a pint of ale while Miang kindly acted as photographer for the occasion. I have no idea what I said that caused some amusement to Ross and Melanie!

No comments:
Post a Comment